Sunday, May 27, 2007

My Hobby

This is my first attempt to journal my crafts. I decided my goal for the new year was to find out what I was meant to do. Everything pointed me in the direction of the crafts that I always enjoyed.

I started sewing when I was 14. I always wanted to learn to sew and finally did when I took Home Economics as a freshman in high school. It was no stopping me after that. While in high school, I earned extra money by sewing for different people. Then I tried my hand at embroidery and ended up getting hired at a fabric store because the store owner liked my work.

As the years went by, sewing was put on the back burner and I started crocheting and cross stitching. Eventually, work and life got in the way and I stopped everything except for hemming my daughters jeans on the sewing machine.



My oldest daughter wanted to learn to crochet and has made some beautiful afghans. My husband has always encouraged me and has been trying to get me to sell some of my afghans and cross stitch items. I don't know if I'll sell anything, but I am going to enjoy making them.

I hope you enjoy my efforts!

No comments: